Topic

almond coconut tortilla

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition almond coconut tortilla

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Fish

@danielfishfamilypdx-com

Locale: PDX

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I'd agree that is very low-volume and calorie-dense.

I've gone to wraps years ago on my death marches (40+ miles in a day) because sitting down to eat burns daylight. Wraps are really easy to eat as I walk and there are no crumbs as there are with sandwiches. Long days are as much about your mindset as your feet, and one of the head games I play is to note where I am when I start slowly eating my lunch. When I'm done nibbling lunch and sipping water as I hike, I might be 2 miles down the trail which feels like a big win compared to sitting down for lunch and that's a mental boost.

Note, I use "lunch" in the broad sense of the word: a multi-course meal of 800-1200 calories such as a wrap, some dried fruit, a few cookies and a lot of water. There may be 5 or 6 "lunches" in the course of a long day, starting before dawn and going into the night.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Holy smokes that looks decadent! I'll have to snoop around and see if I can find Aunt Patty's and Maranatha locally. Sucks that we don't have a Trader Joes or Whole Foods in my town.

Nice to see you back Dave.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

As the kids on tumblr say, "unf."

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Ian, Maranatha also makes a coconut butter that is divine….good stuff!

Btw for those who can't get these things locally, try Vitacost.com for ordering. They were fast and overall well priced – and they run deals on free shipping.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools