Topic

Tarp Recomendation for marmot mesh bivy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarp Recomendation for marmot mesh bivy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason Johnson
    BPL Member

@etex9799

I got this Marmot Mesh Bivy for next to nothing, and it here in Texas it is all I need for hot humid summer nights…well, there are other good things to have on summer nights..but I digress. :)

Anywho, the beak does extend out somewhat but that's what makes it work for me, but I am looking for tarp that will cover the beak and maybe give me room for my pack when I know its going to rain, which isn't often. Im looking for something that is adequate but not overkill. Its dimensions are 26 x 38 x 96"Mesh

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Here is relatively inexpensive option. Just barely long enough though.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___20068

Brian Johns
    BPL Member

@bcutlerj

Locale: NorCal

Another option would be a large MLD poncho tarp. You'd have rain gear and protection over your bivy at night. Zpacks poncho tarp also. If it's not big enough, Joe at Zpacks would probably custom size you up one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools