Topic

Summertime Joshua Tree Adventure?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Summertime Joshua Tree Adventure?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Green Thumb

@greenthumb

I'm working in San Diego for the Summer (transplant from North Carolina) and am looking for a partner to hike J-Tree (Fri/Sat/Sun) I have transportation, but if you can drive, even better so my wife will have a car for the weekend. My schedule is fairly flexible and i'm in planning mode for the route at the moment and open to suggestions.

I'm experienced in desert travel. I grew up in backpacking in Eastern Oregon, spent two tours in Afghanistan on nearly constant multi-day patrols, and spent a couple months in northern Mali.

Please PM me if you are interested. I'd like to make the most of my Summer on the West Coast. It is not that often I get back out here to enjoy the real outdoors ;)

GT

Green Thumb

@greenthumb

Is it totally ridiculous to plan a trip in Joshua Tree for late July? Luckily, it looks like I'll only miss the full moon by a couple days, so hopefully night time travel will be less complicated.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I'd consider going, especially if we planned a trip around night hiking.

I'm gone from mid July into mid August, but could possibly get out in late August. My schedule is a bit packed for summer, but if we could get the dates right….

Green Thumb

@greenthumb

Alas, I am heading back to the East coast on August 8th and the second half of July is the only time that would work for me. Another member PM'd me and it looks like i'll have at least one partner on this trip.

James Cahill
    BPL Member

@dmatb

Locale: Norf Carl

Yep, its gonna be pretty hot. Probably the one only time i'll ever wish for long nights and short days in summertime.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools