Topic

What’s your light or UL internal FRAMED pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What’s your light or UL internal FRAMED pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Yoyo
    Spectator

@dgposton

Locale: NYC metro

Interesting observation. I'm having the same issue with the UL packs I've tried out so far at home (GG Gorilla, etc.). The main problem for me is that the bottom of the pack ends up resting on my spine just below the small of my back. Not comfortable. I just posted a description of this, with pics of my wearing my Z55, on my "Sub-2 lbs pack" thread just a few lines up (well, I suppose now it's down?).

Nick,

Your post on the McHale line of packs is rather serendipitous. I was just browsing McHale's website today, thinking about whether a custom pack would solve my fit and low back comfort issues.

Do you know if McHale makes truly UL packs? I mean, could he make me something that is just as well designed with a suppportive frame with a total weight of around 2.0 lbs?

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Probably closer to 3 lbs. The extra pound for a perfectly fitted pack is worth it. Plus they don't fall apart in a few years. Click on the link in my profile and there are reviews of both packs.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools