Topic

Dayhikes accessible from Denver?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Dayhikes accessible from Denver?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Erik Danielsen
    BPL Member

@er1kksen

Locale: The Western Door

I'll be in Denver from the 11th to the 15th of June and would like to fit in a good dayhike or two. As I don't drive I'm interested in hikes accessible via public transportation. The RTD looks pretty extensive so I'm hoping there's some good territory to access. Any recommendations?

Peter Bakwin
    BPL Member

@pbakwin

Take the B bus to Boulder. Get off at Broadway & Baseline. Walk a mile west to Chautauqua – hiking central. Going up Green Mtn from there is nice. Or get off the B at Table Mesa & Broadway, get a transfer & take the Skip bus to about Lehigh & Lafayette, get on trail there & hike up Fern Canyon to Bear Peak. Trail maps at OSMP.org

Peter Bakwin
    BPL Member

@pbakwin

BTW, I think the B (or any of the B series buses) costs $5 from downtown Denver.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

Besides Peter's excellent logistic suggestions, this link should assist with some hikes in the area:
    http://protrails.com/area/boulder-denver-golden-fort-collins-lyons

Erik Danielsen
    BPL Member

@er1kksen

Locale: The Western Door

Thanks for the pointers, much clearer than I've been able to piece together in my haphazard googling! I'll be sure to check out the Chautauqua itself in addition to the surrounding hikes as I'm from the birthplace of the Chautauqua movement and have always found it fascinating. To me this is a perfect coinciding of the hike and the historic.

Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools