Topic

Z-Rest Alternative

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Z-Rest Alternative

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I came across this on ebay and ordered one. Just had to have it. I have no affiliation w/the seller.

Seller's specs: / Measured specs:

70.8" x 21.6" / 72" x 22"
    .3" thick / ~5/8" thick at "bumps"
    5.1" x 5.1" packed/folded / 5 3/8" x 4.9"

I forgot to weigh it.

JUST KIDDING! It came in slightly under spec at 8oz on the dot. It measured 7.9oz a couple of times so I rounded up.

The foam feels slightly less "springy" than my Ridgerest.

This pad is not a disappointment – quite the opposite. Specs are better than quoted overall, and comfort is comparable to a Zrest – that is there is none that I could discern – but better than the ground. It does what it should do, and is a great size and weight. The price is right, too.

I was pleased w/ the seller and shipping. Here's some pics:
    last

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

so is there a brand/model name, or web link so we can check it out and maybe order one? Or is yours the only one in the world and you are just taunting us??? :)

thanks,

bill

Angus A.
    BPL Member

@mangus7175

Locale: http://theshadedtrail.blogspot.com
    todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

The taunting was just a bonus, I swear!!!! :)

Here's the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261124349550?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Sorry about that! It's a good deal and jokes aside about the comfort, it really is more comfy than a flat pad. the added width is great too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools