Topic

Event Fabric

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Event Fabric

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tkkn c
    BPL Member

@tkknc

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest

Where can I get event fabric? I have been unable to find a source.

Thanks

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

I can't find any either. I emailed Outdoor Wilderness Fabric's about it. Seems that they aren't able to get any. But they did tell me that they'll be getting some Epic soon.

http://www.owfinc.com/

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

thru-hiker also sells Epic

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Just saw this on BBC.com:

BREAKING NEWS GE says it has sold its plastics division for $11.6 billion to Saudi-owned Sabic. More soon.

Isn't GE the owner of eVENT? Might it be part of GE's plastics division??? Maybe the Saudis will allow eVENT to be used on tents again??? One can always hope, I suppose.

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

I suspect the reason that you can't buy eVENT is the same reason that it isn't used on tents – the Man doesn't want you to have it for just anything. I'll hold out hope for the Saudis.

Sean Walashek

@caraz

Locale: bay area

Where could I buy event by the yard?

Mark Hurd
    BPL Member

@markhurd

Locale: Willamette Valley

Cara,
    eVENT fabric is still not available as far as I know. A few weeks ago there was a thread about some eVENT that an online fabric store had a small supply of. It was snaped up, but turned out to be seconds (maybe even thirds :-) ) according to those that bought it.

eVent Fabric thread

So I guess we are all still waiting.

-Mark

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

I have four yards of the aformentioned EvENT for sale. Mine only has a few spots of imperfections… I was going to make a bivy out of it, but just don't have the time.

Can't remember what I paid, but will sell it for that. email me at zeroforhire (at) yahoo (dot) com if you want it.

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Forgot to come back here and mention it, but OWF owners said that they had a supplier lined up for eVENT, but that they couldn't justify having it in inventory. Apparently they could only get it in whole rolls (500 yds?) and at the price that it goes for it would be a significant investment which they weren't certain they could move quickly enough.

Oh, and they wouldn't be allowed to call it eVENT.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools