Topic

Gulf Coast Camping

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Gulf Coast Camping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Carson
    BPL Member

@dcarson87354

Locale: PNW

I have lived on the Gulf Coast for about 3 years now. Prior to this I spent 3 years in a tiny fishing town of Cordova, AK. Im pretty sure I am completely spoiled after living there. I have sat idle for the past 3 years here on the Gulf Coast but recently have been on quest to lighten the load and get out and explore this region. Id like anyones input on places to go within about a 4-6hr drive of Mobile, Al. I like hiking for altitude but I dont think thats much of an option around here. I also like to check out the trails less traveled. Any ideas?

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I live in Tallahassee, FL. The mountains aren't that impressive around here, for sure.

Torreya St. Park is the best for hills around here. That said, head up to the Pinhoti Trail at Cheaha ST. Park. It's a great place to hike. It is actually the extreme foothills of the AT. I don't think it's ever been officially connected though.

The Florida Trail offers a completely different set of hiking challenges that can wear you out in places.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools