Topic

Jacks R Better Quilts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Jacks R Better Quilts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    baja bob
    BPL Member

@bajabob

Locale: West

Anyone have any experience with the JRB Quilts they can share?

My one concern is the baffle spacing which I believe is 7". I know that other manufacturers tend to use tighter baffle spacing like 5 1/4".

Anyone see this as a problem, I've heard of other makes of bags with this type of spacing getting down shift.

Anyone know if this is a problem with the JRB quilts? I plan to use the quilt on the ground not in a hammock.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>Anyone have any experience with the JRB Quilts they can share?

I have a JRB Nest (20.4 oz) that I've used on the ground and as a top and bottom quilt in my hammock. I've never had a problem with down shift or anything else. I need to add JRB Quilt Wings or the Pad Converter to reduce drafts when ground sleeping. But it's a top-notch piece of gear, and I'll probably buy more.

Stephen Nelson

@stephenn6289

Locale: Sunshine State

I have a JRB stealth. I haven't field tested it yet, but I did try it out on 40 degree night in my back yard. It was fine, no problem at all. Sometimes I have to "fluff" it like putting on sheets or something to get the down evenly spread, but it didn't seem to be a problem when sleeping.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Love my Nest and No Sniveller.

No problems w/down shifting – and I've been using mine for close to three yrs.

Todd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools