Topic

Beaver Attacks and Kills Fisherman

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Beaver Attacks and Kills Fisherman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

First mountain goats in Washington and now beavers in Belarus.

I'll just make of movie of this sweet fellow…

Leave them critters alone.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I thought this was a Jeff Foxworthy joke. I think the article about Wendy Williams, below the beaver story, losing 20lbs was more interesting.

kevin campbell
    BPL Member

@rockymtbiker

Locale: Michigan

I was fly fishing a few years ago & my son starting yelling that there was a beaver swimming next to him in the river. I was like "sweet, what does he look like?" and then a few minutes latter this submarine like critter came cruising next to me leg up river, within inches of my thigh. He came up for air and started smacking his tail on the water several times & circling my position in the river. I later found out that this was a territorial warning thing. I felt lucky he didn't attack & now with this story I am even more thankful.

Critters in nature are out to survive, at all costs. You can't go running for cover with every sighting of every critter in the woods, but you surely need to be very smart and careful just the same…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools