Topic

Two-person synthetic quilts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Two-person synthetic quilts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Joshua Levy
    BPL Member

@zapf0

Does anyone have any recommendations for a three-season, two-person synthetic quilt?

The options I know of are the Ray-Way kit, getting something custom-made from someplace like Fanatic Fringe, and using a one-person sleeping bag as a two-person quilt. I’m leaning toward the last option, since I’m not too keen on sewing it all myself, and custom options seem limited and expensive.

I’ve found this works fine in the past with an old down bag, but it seems a bit tricky to find a synthetic bag that would work well. You need a full zipper and a bag that’s fairly symmetrical top-to-bottom. No other fancy features like countoured footbox, elastic, etc.
    I expect I can remove a hood.

I’m looking for something weight-efficient (preferably Polarguard Delta/Primaloft Sport and Pertex Quantum), good to around 25 degrees — that is, probably in the 2.5-3 lb range. The ID Renaissance might be an option, but it seems sort of hard to find in stock.

Any other thoughts? Many thanks…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools