Topic

Locus Gear DPTE

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
PostedMay 14, 2013 at 2:12 am

http://locusgear.com/products-2/accessories/dpte?lang=en

Anyone using one?

I'm trying to better understand pole compatibility.. LG were able to tell me it will work with "Leki style tips" – I have been waiting on the GG LT4s, but I'm getting impatient and am considering going with a more bombproof option anyway, that being BD Alpine Carbon.

Am I right to assume BD tips are bigger/smaller than Leki and would likely be incompatible?

Edit: also noting that BD has the advantage of being available cheaper and packing smaller… downsides being weight, extendable length (useful for duomid) and has a camera monopod attachment available…

PostedMay 14, 2013 at 4:51 am

Using this DPTE since over one year with my BD Taril Poles without any problem. A good friend has some LT4 and they work also perfect with the DPTE. You only could get problems with poles like the BD Z-Poles

John Davis BPL Member
PostedAug 10, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I use a Black diamond pole for my Bear Paw mid. After seeing the Locus Gear DPTE I am considering using it to free up some inside space. Good to know the tips will fit. Could you let me know what the length of the tubes are? Also what is the material at the pole apex?

rmeurant BPL Member
PostedAug 11, 2013 at 3:21 am

I use the carbon fiber DPTE with my Lotus Khufu, currently with carbon fiber Cascade Mountain Tech poles from Costco. DPTE, poles and pyramid work well together, and the extra space freed up is a dramatic improvement.

The tube length is 30cm / 1 ft.

I don't quite understand your question about the material at the pole apex.

I presume you mean the apex of the inverted "V";
that apex is a sewn tube of what I presume to be grosgrain ribbon(?) with coarse weave.
It is surrounded by a smaller grosgrain loop, which secures a small plastic D ring and a small elastic loop.

It might help to look at
http://locusgear.com/products-2/accessories/dpte?lang=en

My DPTE came in a black cuben bag, to match the Khufu.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Loading...