Topic

Rail riders for the ladies??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Rail riders for the ladies??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Have any women out there – or guys, the women who put up with you – tried the women's versions of the Eco mesh or the adventure shirt?? I'm intrigued about them but I can't really find any reviews out there.

Not that the fact that guys like the men's versions means the women's will be much different, but I was just wondering why no women seem to mention them at all.

Kate Magill
    BPL Member

@lapedestrienne

It's been a few years since I tried on a pair of Rail Riders, but I've never been sold on them. The fit, for me, was very unflattering. The combination of elastic waist + pleated front + too baggy/too long made them a no-go. Basically, they weren't something I could happily wear around town or to work, and I am loathe to buy new clothes that are not multi-use.

Also, I found the elasticized panels on the waistband combined with the belt to be somewhat redundant–why would one need both? I know the belt is removable, but still… I never wear belts and I'm always annoyed when clothing manufacturers try to sell them to you with the pants :)

I'm sure they work for some people, but not for me.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

I've has a couple of the eco mesh shirts for a few years; they are ok but seem a bit stiff in texture. I am also not so fond of the elasticized wrists, and may eventually remove the elastic. I don't seem to choose to wear them all that often.

Greg Hounsell
    Spectator

@mudman

Locale: Western Canada

My wife and I both have the RailRiders adventure tops and absolutely love them for desert hiking. Currently, she is wearing one on her PCT thru-hike and could not be happier with it…highly recommended!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools