Topic

Glowire: Now in 3 Colors and 2 Lengths

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Glowire: Now in 3 Colors and 2 Lengths

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hey Everyone,

Due to popular demand, my super reflective glowire now comes in three colors (orange, green and black) and two different lengths (50' and 100').

Thanks,
    Lawson

LawsonEquipment.com

cord colors

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Lawson I couldn't decide between the green and the orange! Sometimes choice is not a good thing!!!

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

xy

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Obviously I am a bit biased but all three colors are nice. You really can't go wrong as they all are super reflective.

Brian Land

@bland

Locale: Missouri

Lawson, are there any lightweight guy line tensioners that you recommend to use with Glowire? Will this 3/32 cord fit in the Micro Line-Locs (little things shaped like Star Trek badges)?

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Are you talking about the Mini Clam Cleats? If so, yeah my cord works great with those. It also works great with the LinLoc 3's. To make sure there is no slippage, I always throw in a slippery half hitch after getting set up.

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

Nice job on the site redesign. I may have to pick up some of this stuff… I am sure I can find some uses for it.

Are you going to get more of those mini biners back in stock? I love the last set I bought.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks. Its still a work in progress but I am getting close to finishing off the site.

Yeah the glowire works good for anything. People are really liking the new colors.

Now as far as the mini biners go. I am actually going to start making those inhouse. Only problem is I have to build tooling to do it. So its going to be a while since that will be an expensive proposition. Maybe a few months is my guess. But once I do. I will start making mini biners in the USA. I guess that would make me the only company to insource such a product.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks for all the business everyone : )

Matt Allen
    BPL Member

@zeroforhire

Sign me up for a bucket full! :-)

That is great news.

Derek Weeks
    BPL Member

@lighting12

Jusf order the glowire can't wait to try it out!

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Which color glowire should I get for the JMT?

Reggie
    BPL Member

@regarrett

Locale: Staring off into the sunset.

I sewed up a tarp this weekend. It's coyote brown and I used the green Glowire. Very pretty combination.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Jennifer-

Get the green. Bears can't stand fluorescent green. It offends them.

Ryan

Brian Camprini
    BPL Member

@bcamprini

Locale: Southern Appalachians

Any thoughts on reflective line and animals being able to see it at night? I like reflective line for bear bagging so I can find my bag in the dark for a midnight snack or for an early start, but I always wondered if critters can find it easier than non reflective line. Also, anyone's thoughts on daytime attraction (or lack of attraction) to a line and bag that's camouflaged vs something that screams "look at me" in the daylight? Possibly more of a worry about humans taking our fancy gear than a critter getting it.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Hi Brian,

Good questions. Here are my thoughts. The reflective cord works just like a road sign. It will only reflect back when you hit it with a flashlight or a headlamp. It also only comes back to your eyes. So if someone was standing next to you they most likely wouldn't see it. I hope this makes sense. That said, during the day, it doesn't make it easier to see (the orange and green helps for this) and during night, there would be no difference for the critters. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

For all of you who buy from Joe. Zpacks is now a wholesaler of the Glowire. Here is a link. Zpacks.com

That said, since I am no longer shipping internationally, I am now looking for interested international retailers that would like to sell my cord and stakes. I have alot of customers looking to buy in Canada, UK, Europe and Down Under. Just need to find some compaines. If anyone knows of any, please be sure to let them know.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools