Topic

Rogue river, hitching or shuttle?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Rogue river, hitching or shuttle?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Loki Cuthbert
    BPL Member

@lokbot

Locale: Portland, OR

I'm hiking the rogue river trail with my girlfriend this weekend and was planning to shuttle my car. The shuttle company says that the shorter route is closed and that it's going to cost 150 to shuttle. I was wondering if it would pretty easy to park my car at foster bar and hitchhike to the grave Creek trailhead. I'd like to try to hitch around 7 am so we could have an early start on the trail. We would be doing this on Saturday morning. Is there a decent amount of traffic going at this time of day to where we would be able to hitchhike?

Hoot Filsinger
    BPL Member

@filsinger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hello Loki,

I assume you are talking about hitching from Fosters Bar to Graves Creek on the Eden Valley Route 3348. This is only 40 miles but will take 2 hours. I have used the shuttle and it is not a bad deal. There is a fair amount of rafter traffic on weekends but hitch hiking might be hit or miss to Graves Creek. I have rafted and hiked this section and it is worth the effort. Allow yourself time to explore the historical sites and bring extra $ for stops at the lodges. A fair amount of poison oak in sections but the trail is well maintained. The lower section has problems with bears but just avoid the boater sites. If you have questions feel free to PM.

Safe Trails

Hoot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools