Topic

Small Packs for Ultralight Backpacking

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Small Packs for Ultralight Backpacking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Craig Shelley

@craig_shelley

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I like the Golite Infinity, which was previously reviewed on this site but the Continuum is nearly identical with just a smaller volume, 2050 ci according to Golite (without hood, the volume for the long is probably a little more).

The weight for the Continuum without hood for the long is 958g (2lbs 1.75oz). I’m thinking of removing the back pockets from mine because I just don’t need the volume.

I don’t have a big need for volume. As I’ve gone to a lighter pack, the volume is also reduced dramatically. However, I backpack in the desert frequently and water is not that dependable. Consequently, I frequently have more weight than someone that can get by with a liter or less of carried water weight.

In my opinion, the comfort of the Continuum is well worth the little extra weight of the pack itself.

I don’t have anything to do with C & C Outdoors (other than being a customer), but you can buy a Continuum from them for $95 with free shipping. They had some for $65 but they are now gone.

I generally backpack without trails, so a small pack is a big plus.

Craig Shelley

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools