Topic

calf-height GoreTex socks from ArcTeryx

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) calf-height GoreTex socks from ArcTeryx

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hamish McHamish
    BPL Member

@el_canyon

Locale: USA

This might be a good option for those in cold, incessantly wet environments who have had problems with immersion foot. Being from ArcTeryx I'm sure they will cost a buck or three!

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/05/07/mattox-drysock-lt-arcteryx-leaf/

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

$170 suggested retail. Ouch. 4 oz. Doesn't say, but I assume per sock.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

nm

Matthew Reese
    BPL Member

@bradktn

I've used the Rocky Gore-tex socks for years and much prefer them to a Goretex lined shoe. Also adds considerable warmth without overheating, at least for me. Rocky has 'em on sale:

http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/4636/FQ0008013/Rocky-13''-GORE-TEX®-Socks/

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Rocky has the market cornered. I'm surprised no cottage makers (that I know of) are making eVent socks.

David Ure

@familyguy

No eVent because the fabric's breathability is heavily dependent on keeping the fabric clean. You would generate a lot of body oil against the eVent which would minimize its benefit. Event is also not as abrasion resistant as Gortex.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools