Topic

New Guy . . .be gentle :)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Guy . . .be gentle :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

The principles for packing are the same regardless of the name brand of the pack. In a truly frameless pack you need to build a bit of a frame, but the gorilla is not truly frameless (sit pad, stay).

Much of it is experimenting, too…so don't be afraid to load up and take a nice walk around your neighborhood, or an easy day hike with all your kit.

As I mentioned a bit below: I lean the folded up exped mat against the back part of the pack. I cloud pack the quit into the bottom (in a waterproof bag) with any sleeping clothes, booties and pillow in there with it. Cinch down the waterproof bag (liner, garbage bag, exped schnozzle, whatever) to protect them, then put the tent, the stove, and my food bag on top. The rest tends to go in the side pockets (water treatment, bottle) or the front pocket (rain/wind jacket, ground sheet, etc)

For most of my weekend trips that's about it…

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools