Topic

Is the SVEA 123 still a viable stove option for winter?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Is the SVEA 123 still a viable stove option for winter?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Christian Edstrom
    Spectator

@bjorn240

Locale: Westchester County, NY

I do the same, but carry a cut-off drinking straw. UL and all that! :)

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

Jeffrey, I still use an eyedroppper (albeit a slightly oversized one) to prime the Svea… never did the pump thing, and never had an issue getting the Svea roaring to life, despite the temperature.

william ritchey
    BPL Member

@rain

Locale: oregon

I like mine for cold /wet weather. my other stoves are jet boil and vargo wood. I've actually owned 3 Sveas because I've gifted the 1st 2 to people who hiked with me and loved them. I've never owned a new one , a pump, nor the R model. They have never failed to light. I usually just fill the stove and can go for an overnight without extra fuel. When I do take extra fuel i only take 1/3 of a small MSR bottle. THe stove will fit in some snow peak titanium pots and the is a slightly larger titanium cup that can replace the one that the stove comes with, but i usually just carry the standard set-up in a ditty bag in a side pocket. If i could only own one stove this might be it.

Viewing 3 posts - 76 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools