Topic

noseeum with a fire retardant rating?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear noseeum with a fire retardant rating?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon Denham

@jmden

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can find noseeum mesh with a fire retardant rating? What mills produce such a product?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Denham

@jmden

Anyone?

peter vacco

@fluffinreach-com

Locale: no. california

it's nylon .. is it not ?
    or even if it was poly.
    the stuff's gonn'a burn.

consider though, the actual mass of it that you are using. it takes a vast area of it to make enough weight to have enough for real heat. and it's by nature quite spread out, which dissapates energy. thusly, netting burns slow and sputtery.
    i have test roasted quite a bit of netting, and it ain't no bonfire sort of an affair.
    if not held vertical, so it can feed on itself, it most often just winks out.

v.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Be aware that the chemicals used to get the FR rating are toxic, and don't really work anyhow. There is no research to support the current practice or legislation, (and evidence to the contrary), but the chemical company loves the profit.

Cheers

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I guess you could get some fire retardant spray.

Why do you need your noseeum mesh to be fire retardant?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools