Topic

Montane: US source?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montane: US source?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Craig Rosler
    BPL Member

@alephzen

I apologize in advance if this should better go in the Gear Deals or Swap forum. Neither sounded quite right.

Does anyone know of a US retailer for Montane? (Looking for that Jetstream wind shirt, specifically.) Googling turned up nothing, the one Canadian dealer doesn't even list this product, and Montane has not responded to emails.

Thanks in advance.

– Craig

Ed Tyanich
    BPL Member

@runsmtns

Liberty Mountain Sports carries at least some Montane.

http://www.libertymountain.com/search.php?search=montane

Ed

Craig Rosler
    BPL Member

@alephzen

Thanks, Ed. I appreciate your help. Montane just responded and said that they currently are supplying no US retailer. I think I'll just suck it up and import that thing. Oof. May this jacket prove to be a very useful piece. . . .

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I bought my smock from Liberty Mountain and my pants from argear.com

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

I got my Litespeed windshirt from Liberty Mountain.

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Bought my LightSpeed on ebay from drggriffiths. He has had Jetstreams in the past, just not right now.

http://search.ebay.com/montane_W0QQfromZR40

Kevin Lutz

@eazye

I too bought from drrgrths on ebay and was very happy with the product. His prices are excellent to. The only downside is no paypal, so you have to get and mail a money order. Otherwise, $40 for a hydra light seemed pretty good. I think he has a windshirt and a smock now.

J M

@gnosticjon

Locale: Wasatch Mountains

Though this does not strictly comply with the parameters of the thread it may be of interest; try outdoorgb.com for Montane. I bought the Montane eVENT Quick Fire jacket (the one recently reviewed by BPL) from them and got rather speedy service. Their shipping time from England to Utah was not significantly longer than domestic service would have been. Incidentally, their prices are competitive as well. I paid $243, including postage, to have the Quick Fire sent over the pond to the ‘colonies.’ They were generally quick to respond to emails and provided tracking information when requested. They are worth a look if you want Montane equipment.

Craig Rosler
    BPL Member

@alephzen

Thanks, all, for the input. I ended up ordering from a UK bike shop (Chain Reaction Cycles) that claims to do a lot of overseas business. Promised delivery (by DHL) time indeed looks fast: 2-3 days, no different from domestic.

I don't know how I didn't turn up Liberty Mountain, though. Probably because I was searching for "Jetstream" and if they don't have it right now.

Thanks again.

– Craig

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools