To answer one of Jerry's questions from earlier, since I'm going in August, I expect that the campsites will be relatively full.
I mentioned it earlier but the Wonderland Trail has a lot of elevation gains and losses to contend with. I've never been on a hike like this so I opted to err on the side of caution. NPS mentions that many people hike this in 10-14 days (presumably with 50+lb rucks) so we'll still be way under their posted average.
Here are the stats for my trip as I calculated them a month or so ago. I'm relatively confident on the distances but less so on my elevation gain/loss calculations. There are a few sources of information out there and I've been warned that the Green Trail maps have some errors in this region; other sources conflict as well. Some sources will claim the Wonderland is 90 miles and others quote 93. There have been a few changes to the trail due to flooding.
They are close enough for my purposes but I just wanted to explain why you will read entries like "Net elevation gain 1200'-1400'"
Food and fuel comments are for two people.
Day one
Longmire (2800’) to South Puyallup River (4000’)
Distance 12 miles
Total ascent – 4200’
Total descent – 2800’
Net gain – 1200-1400’
Meals – 4
Esbit 2
Day two
South Puyallup River (4000’) to Golden Lakes (5130’)
Distance 12.5 miles
Total ascent – 3600’
Total descent – 2600’
Net gain – 1000’- 1130’
Meals – 6
Esbit 4
Day three
Golden Lakes (5130’) to Cataract Valley (4620’)
Resupply at Mowich Lake
Distance 15.7 miles
Total ascent – 4924’
Total descent – 5254’
Net loss – 330-510’
Meals 2 + 2 (Lunch eaten at resupply)
Esbit 2 + 2
Meals first leg 12 (9lbs each)
Esbit first leg 8 (2oz each)
Day four
Cataract Valley (4620’) to Granite Creek (5765’)
Distance 11 miles
Total ascent – 3865’
Total descent – 2720’
Net gain – 1145’
Meals 6
Esbit 4
Day five
Granite Creek (5765’) to Summerland (5940’)
Resupply at White River or Sunrise
Distance 14.6 miles
Total ascent- 3275’
Total descent – 3100’
Net gain – 175’
Meals 2 + 2 (Lunch at White River or Sunrise Resupply point)
Esbit 2 + 2
Meals second leg 10 (7.5 lbs each)
Esbit 8 (2 oz each)
Day six
Summerland (5940’) to Nickel Creek (3385’)
Distance 11.1 miles
Total ascent – 1680’
Total descent – 3835’
Net (needs de confliction)
Meals 6
Esbit 4
Day seven
Nickel Creek (3385’) to Longmire (2800’)
Distance 13.3 miles
Total ascent – 2085’
Total descent – 2670’
Net loss – 585’
Meals 2 + one in truck
Esbit 2
Meals third leg 10 (7.5lbs each)
Esbit 8 (2 oz each)