Topic

What do you think of the pricing on the ULA Arctic pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What do you think of the pricing on the ULA Arctic pack?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Granda
    BPL Member

@throckmorton

I'd like to know other people's opinions on this. When I first saw the price I was a little shocked. I was guessing they would be a little cheaper. After I thought about it a while,I decided to look up specs for the Dana Designs Racer X and the Raid Z. The Raid Z is the closest comparable thing I've seen to the Arctic pack. It weighs more and the hipbelt pockets are nowhere near as large as the ULA packs are. The Arctic pack comes with two bags while the Raid Z comes with one. The Raid Z is selling for around $200. I think the Arctic pack is worth the extra money. Especially considering the low numbers that will be made and the expert input that went into designing the final product.

Shawn Basil

@bearpaw

Locale: Southeast

Just compare it to something like the Arc'Teryx Naos series of dry bag packs:

http://www.rei.com/product/733753?vcat=REI_SEARCH

The ULA packs give you two different bag sizes with a more functional and adjustable suspension system for more than a pound lighter and $200 less.

To me, it seems like a great deal.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Absolutely. What Shawn said.

Sure, it's a chunk of change and a shocker compared to SUL pack prices. But it compares favorably, pricewise with many stock internal frame packs in it's size catagory from Mountain Hardwear, Granite Gear, Osprey, etc.

I personally think it's a relative bargain, given it's quality, features and small production run. I also think it will be an imminently resaleable pack (w/ low depreciation) on the off chance one finds it doesn't work for them.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Well, I don't think the price is outrageous but I would sure like to see better pics or one in person before deciding if it's "worth it". If Brian is making it and Ryan is helping design it, I have no doubt of the quality ad think $300 (member price) is probably right on.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

More pictures and/or a 360degree "walk-through" such are available for some of the packs on the ULA site would not be a bad idea at all.

Hint, hint, Ryan and Co.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Yes, I agree about the 360 view, but bigger.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools