Topic

Golf Discs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Golf Discs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stefan hoffman

@puckem

Locale: between trees

Being a bachelor, i never feel like buying dishes, so i often end up using my golf discs as plates. They are very very durable (i've cut steak on them), fairly lightweight, and if you are good you can throw them over 200 yards. Some discs float, glow in the dark, are LED lit, fold or roll up, and most are really hard to melt. They cost 10-20 dollars, are sold at REI, Backcountrygear and other outdoor retailers, they come in great colors, and have cool names printed on them. Most golf discs weigh in at 150-180g, and Innova has a new line called Blizzard that weighs as little as 130g….Link below.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/458-new-blizzard-champion-plastic.html

And a link for my favorite disc, the Steady Ed "Blowfly I". These are flexible, foldable, invincible, soft enough to catch, and fly like a champ. A classic.

http://www.discgolf.com/disc-golf-discs/blowfly-1-disc-putter/

Tons of good uses for these things. Anybody used them or have any ideas?

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

Went disc-golfing with my coworker once. I threw his newest disc into a huge clump of poison ivy, then watched him dive in to retrieve it. He was itchy for days afterward!

Steve SNS
    Spectator

@sns

Locale: (null)

Reviving an old thread… I have been carrying a 175g ultrastar (Ultimate disc) on trips forever. It's the one luxury item I won't pare out of the UL gear… 1) Mountain golf if everyone has one 2) Flutter guts (try that with a golf disc and you will need finger splints in your first aid kit) 3) Catch (way better than a golf disc) 4) Plate for trout 5) Table for maps, taking notes, etc. 6) Flip to see who gets the rock under their sleeping bag….etc Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools