I ordered a twin quilt from Joe at Zpacks several weeks ago and it arrived today. My wife and I decided to go with the 10F version because she sleeps very cold and we'd like to be able to use it for snow camping in the Sierras. This will be our winter/shoulder season quilt. We also chose the 6'2" length, 10D fabric for both the inner and outer shell, and water resistant down.
It is very lofty (3-3.5") and the weight according to my scale comes in right at the published specs (33 oz).


Overall, I think it will be a big improvement over our old cuben quilt, and I expect that it will be comfortable over a wide enough temperature range (with redistribution of down in the continuous baffles) to serve us beautifully for most of the year. I'll post an update about the footbox, the length and width, the design of the dual adjustments at the head end, and the pad attachments once we have used it a couple of times.
I do have one initial concern. It is a (maybe trivial) concern about comfort. Very coarse, stiff, heavy thread was used for all of the stitching, and, consequently, the inside of the quilt is abrasive. It feels as though it was sewn with heavy monofilament fishing line. My home sewing machine would not be able to use thread this heavy. It is stiffer, harder, and heavier than any thread I see on any other gear I own (packs and shoes included). I don't understand the reason for that. I've never seen this before in a sleeping bag or quilt. I think it will probably only be possible to sleep in this quilt while wearing long-sleeve base layers, leggings, and socks as a barrier against the abrasive lines of stitching. This is a disappointment to me because this quilt was a considerable investment ($625), and I think my wife will find it difficult to sleep comfortably under it.

I might discover that my initial concern about the stitching is not warranted after we have used the quilt several times. I'll post updates.
Also, I'd like to mention that my interactions with Zpacks were excellent. I enjoyed working with Joe. He seems like an exceptionally nice guy and he was very helpful and attentive.

