Topic

Website Help for Trip Reports

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Website Help for Trip Reports

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Like many of you, I maintain a personal website where I document my family, trip reports, etc. I started it in 2003 using Microsoft Frontpage and am still using it…

Going forward I would like to change to software that allows me to create trip reports that consist a slide show, where each single slide within the report would be either: a photo with caption, a video, or text. Picasa web albums (by Google) meet my first two criteria but not the text part. To get around that I've been using Google docs to make a slide where I write my text, then I save the slide as a jpeg and put it in my album. It works but I'm sure you guys know of a better way. If so, please let me know.

Here's an example of my old style trip reports, only using Frontpage:
    Ionian Basin

And here's an example of my newer style of trip report, where I use Frontpage to link to a Picasa web album:
    Pt. Reyes (after you click the link to the left click on the Oct. 2012 Pt. Reyes link)

David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

I thought that Pt. Reyes trip looked familiar then realized that I was there.

I can't offer you any advice other than I like what you're trying to do, I think you're on to something there.

Keep us posted here regarding your progress…..

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

> I thought that Pt. Reyes trip looked familiar then realized that I was there.
    > I can't offer you any advice other than I like what you're trying to do, I think you're on to something there.
    > Keep us posted here regarding your progress…..

Thanks David, maybe the best thing for me to do is just contact Google and ask them to develop a app for inserting text slides into a Picasa web album.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Hey Casey. You might want to look into something called LightBox. That will give you a place to start and probably also lead you to some similar alternative gizmos that you can setup on your site with not too much trouble (hopefully).

Also, if you're already using Picasa, I think there's a way you can embed an album into a web page.

A couple ideas for you to google anyway. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools