Topic

Leaving today for the CDT!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Leaving today for the CDT!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

Hey everybody,

So after years of dreaming about doing the CDT, I'm all packed up and about to head down to the Border to start walking north for the next 5 months. I wanted to give you guys my info if you wanted to follow along. Like everybody else, I have a blog. http://www.CouchtoCDT.wordpress.com and you can follow me on Facebook & Twitter: Couch2CDT

I'll be 'live tweeting' my way across the CDT with my day to day mood and activities. I'll be doing blog posts when I get to town and for one of my sponsors: Hyperlite Mountain Gear as their CDT guy this year.
    I'd like to also thank Gossamer Gear for their sponsorship as well.

Sorry I didn't post any gear lists for you guys to scan with your UL eyes but, I promise to post a full report about it soon on my blog.

As a member of this site for over 6 years, I thank you all for your insights, posts and arguing because in the end it is all about getting out there and doing something crazy!! So thank you.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Best of luck, Peter! Have a great hike!

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Good luck, Peter–make BPL and Boulder proud!

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

Take lots of pictures for all us suckers who have to work!

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

Peter,
    May you have a safe and wonderful journey….Godspeed.
    Gerry Brucia

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Congrats Peter! Have an awesome, memorable adventure.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Have a great time, good luck and enjoy your zero days!

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

Bon voyage! Looking forward to your updates on your blog.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Awesome. The high and lows of trail life will make you feel more alive then ever.

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

Awesome man, so glad that you just went for it. Looking forward to following you along your trip.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'll be keeping my blog updated every time I get to town and my twitter will be full of daily updates. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try and answer them.

I'll make BPL proud!

Brian Lewis

@brianle

Locale: Pacific NW

That trail (CDT) seems to creatively find new ways to kick your ass all the way along it, more than other trails do — I hope that you love the experience (anyway) !

Just FWIW I found the Gila river canyon walk to be one of the best parts of the CDT. At least for a SOBO (a lot more water there for you) — it wasn't kicking my butt all the time but offered a sort of fun/intimate beauty that I really liked, and particularly so for not having much expectations going in. In general NM was a better experience that I would have guessed (I should have learned that lesson from SoCal on the PCT).

BPLwiia
    Spectator

@bplwiia

Best of luck on your journey. Enjoy every day.

matt brisbin
    Spectator

@firestarter01

Locale: Bay Area

Looking forward to the updates.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools