Topic

Packrafting in the White Mountains of New Hampshire

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Packrafting in the White Mountains of New Hampshire

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

While hiking out to Owls Head yesterday I notices that there are some really great areas for possible packrafting. Has anyone here ever done this or heard of it?

Brett Tucker

@blister-free

Locale: Puertecito ruins

The Pemi is probably in snowmelt flood about now, eh? I suppose it might be packraftable at this time of year, but otherwise the sport would seem to be limited to the larger valley streams – Saco, Androscoggin, lower Amonoosuc. Better prospects for remote rafting in northern Maine, methinks; I've been considering a run at the Allagash, possibly linking with a chain-of-lakes route that would roughly parallel the AT thru the 100 Mile Wilderness, with occasional white-blaze portages. Or so goes the lead-in to a bigger pipedream – "aqua blazing" from Maine to Georgia. :)

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

what a trip it would be in late April – early May. Yesterday the rivers were almost waist deep of freezing cold water so it would be on hell of a trip.

By the by, you just sent me a pair of Levigators and they worked perfectly yesterday :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools