Topic

Current Colorado Snow/Water Equivalents

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Current Colorado Snow/Water Equivalents

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

Here are a few updated snow/water equivalent graphs after the big storm dumps that hit the central Colorado Rockies the past few days. Things are looking up after a very slow start. The 2001-2002 year is plotted because of that particular drought year.
    The Colorado Trail runs right through Copper Mountain.

Vailsweq

Csweq

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Thanks for posting that, Tim. Maybe we might stave off the fire bans for awhile. I'm on well water here east of Boulder, and I'm loving the 14" of wet snow blanketing my place this morning. I'm hoping I can take some long showers this summer. I bet your skiing is insane today, huh?

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

My snowblower chewed through my last two shear bolts this morning. Part of me is looking forward to warmer temps, but the other part knows we need more snow. It's not just the accumulation, but it's also how fast it melts. Things are looking brighter than a month ago, but I'm not convinced we're all clear just yet.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

I'm doing my part guys. I summerized my snow thrower and put it away. Then I got out my lawn tractor. Seems to be working.

lawn tractor

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Good man, Randy. Maybe I should turn on the sprinkler system and take the snow chains out of my truck to guarantee we get that 8' superstorm the 'experts' say we need to stave off a bad fire season.

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

"I bet your skiing is insane today, huh?"

Vail Resorts stated today they're reopening Vail and Breck for the weekend. Thought all that nonsense was in their past. Crow never tasted so good.

Usually by this time of year I'm itching to transition from alpine skiing to backpacking, but I can handle this. I'm not really in the mood for another drought like last year.

moreplease

Skinned it yesterday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools