Topic

BPL headnet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) BPL headnet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mark cole
    BPL Member

@marklivia

Could some of you guys who own this item explain what is so special about this mesh that justifies it's rather steep price? Is it more breathable than nanoseeum? Is it lighter? What's the magic here. This is a genuine inquiry, really! Thanks, Mark

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I have two head nets, one is little more than a mesh bag with a draw cord and the other is the BPL head net. I have no experience with nanoseeum but there is a huge difference in how fine the mesh is between the BPL net and my cheap one. It's particularly apparent in the evening. I can see through the BPL head net far longer. The BPL head net is also much larger. The fit is also superior. You are also getting 2 head nets for that price, though you are paying for a premium product. I hope that helps a little.

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

I just want to second what Eric said, the big difference is the view. There is also a weight savings, but hardly worth the extra cost. The ability to see clearly, however, is worth it my book.

Mitchell Keil

@mitchellkeil

Locale: Deep in the OC

Let me add that the BPL headnet is cooler as well. And I don't mean as in "way cool!" I have often found that hicking with a headnet on means experiencing some degree of discomfort both from a lack of clear vision and from a sense that I have stuck my head in a very humid box. THe BPL headnet allows much more air to circulate around your head and allows for a much clearer view of your surroundings. I have never felt claustrophobic in it and it is so much lighter than any of the other ones out there. It may be a premium price but you do get 2 for the price and better visibility and a cooler head while wearing it.

mark cole
    BPL Member

@marklivia

Thanks guys. mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools