Topic

Minimal approach shoes?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Minimal approach shoes?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I am looking for a minimal or zero drop shoe that would work well as an approach shoe for climbing. I liked my Inov-8 295's but they changed them and I won't be buying the new model. I am used to VFF Komodos and Altra Lone Peaks for hiking and backpacking but neither one actually climbs very well. I have some Five.Ten Guides (and they climb well), but they are a bit heavy and hot and not as minimal as I have come to enjoy. Any suggestions would be welcome.

rOg w
    BPL Member

@rog_w

Locale: rogwilmers.com

deleted

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

most approach shoes arent minimal, and dont arent that flat …. the guides are one of the flatter ones out there

the daescents are minimalistic, but they arent zero drop, they have foam under em … but they climb like no other approach shoe

Brian Abram

@boglins

Locale: The South

They aren't very durable, and they aren't stiff enough to climb incredibly well, but I use the New Balance MT00 as an approach shoe. I used them successfully approaching the Diamond on Longs with climbing + bivy gear and for all the NC/CO/NH cragging I've done over the past two years. They are light, and they pack up small.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

I haven't worn these Inov-8s, but have seen them in person and was intrigued. I believe they are now discontinued – I did find them here with a quick search though:

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/INO105/inov~8-griproc-325-trail-and-climbing-shoes/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools