Topic

Duomid with Double Pole Set-up

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Duomid with Double Pole Set-up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Some folks have recently asked about a double pole set-up for the MLD Duomid. Here's some quick photos of my Duomid set-up with Gossamer Gear poles, including their extension for the poles.

Duo1

This shows the Duo with two poles, GG adjustable with the GG extensions in them. Note that while this is a very low set-up (back corners are pretty much to the ground), there is still about 8" extension left in the poles, so this can go a good bit higher. I was just trying to get this done quickly! Because of that, I also didn't bother with setting up any of the side pull-outs. There are two MLD Superlight Bivies in the Duo just to show space.

Duo2

Here's an angled view to show interior space a bit better. Rosie the Corgie is not impressed!

Duo3

Finally here's the normal set-up I use, one pole, no extension, and the MLD Solo Innernet. Happy to answer any questions!

Phillip Damiano

@phillipsart

Locale: Australia

Thanks for the images.

I've got some Gossamer Gear poles on order.

Jared Baker
    BPL Member

@simply_light

Locale: Midwest, US

Good information here. A MYOG pyramid is on my long list of projects, and I was interested in the double pole option.

Do you do anything to secure the poles to each other at the top?

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

No, the tops of the two poles fit snugly into the peak with no extra attention needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools