Topic

New RAB Xenon X for F2013

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
PostedJul 26, 2013 at 1:36 am

Got one on order. Will update when it comes in.

PostedAug 15, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Just got mine. Shortish cut but not too short for me and I'm quite tall. Great outer fabric, much less shiny than the original and feels tougher. 370g for the L.

PostedAug 28, 2013 at 10:31 am

Direct from the source =)

Ask your local Rab dealer… they should be able to get them in by now.

PostedAug 28, 2013 at 10:45 am

I ordered one, how is the fit. I am normally Small in regular sized garments but ordered M since it says its Slim fit. It was tough deciding between Arctryex Nuclei and Xenon X. But additional features like draw cord on Xenon made me go with this, not to say Xenon was $40 cheaper.

PostedSep 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I couldn't get a size S in 2013 Xenon and I figured I was swimming in size M, returned it and got the deadbird Nuclei, this is my first deadbird purchase and I can attest why they cost so much, cuz they are very well made.

PostedSep 1, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Yeah the Nuclei looks sweet too. The Xenon X has a surprisingly tough feeling and water resistant face fabric (for an ultralight fabric). But the Nuclei is theoretically warmer and far lighter. God knows how they've done that. As good as it is I might end up selling on my Xenon X for a Nuclei TBH.

PostedSep 2, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I don't know how warm Nuclei is compared to PL1 based jackets, but it weighs 291g with the stuff sack and is ridiculously light weight.

Stephen M BPL Member
PostedSep 2, 2013 at 5:23 pm

The Nuclei states is has 80/60gm2 Coreloft, must be 80gm2 in the body and 60gm2 in the arms and hood.

The Xenon x is 60gm2 so maybe not as warm, there is big difference in weight between the two.

I definitely wont be looking at either as already have a Standard Xenon and Atom Sv, the Xenon is very nice but much prefer the Atom Sv.

James holden BPL Member
PostedSep 2, 2013 at 6:10 pm

remember folks, that unlike down jackets, if you use a synth jacket regularly they will flatten out a decent amount

they are basically disposable every few years

so IMO, buy em cheap

even down jackets will wear out if you use em daily

;)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Loading...