Topic

Late April, Near Visalia, CA?????

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Late April, Near Visalia, CA?????

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

My daughter and son-in-law asked me to find them a 2-3 day hike they could do within reasonable driving distance (?couple of hours?) of Visalia, CA. Not being from Visalia, I don't have a clue. Plenty of great hikes higher up in the Sierras, but in April? Can anyone help them out?

(Yeah, this sounds alot like another recent thread….just that they are more specific as to location.)

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Visalia lines you up for Mineral King.

Note that the road to Mineral King is pretty bad.

–B.G.–

Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

Heh, heh! That's one of my favorite roads! But wouldn't that be somewhat too high for April?

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California
    Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

The Mineral King road is probably closed until late May.

James Castleberry

@winterland76

posted yesterday on FB by SEKI:
    Junction View has been a popular photo spot for decades, and it is open again for the season. Highway 180 opened on Friday as far as the Yucca Point Gate, providing access to Junction View and the Yucca Point Trailhead in Sequoia National Forest. Highway 180 will open to the canyon floor and Roads End for day-use starting April 26. Overnight access in Cedar Grove begins May 22.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools