Topic

Big Sky International Buying Experience

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big Sky International Buying Experience

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

Big Sky International Buying Experience
    After seeing recent positive threads and/or comments pertaining to Big Sky International customer service, I decided to take the plunge and order a Revolution 1P Shelter. Prior to ordering, I emailed Bob Molen numerous times with questions with responses coming quickly and thoroughly. I had a preference for the Marigold color (that I made known) and was currently unavailable. With my questions satisfied, I ordered on a Saturday evening (Bob emailed on Sunday saying he received the Marigold Color and if it was alright for him to change the order from the gray), received shipping notification on Monday, and had it in my hands on Wednesday. The overall customer service was outstanding making for a smooth transaction and an extremely enjoyable buying experience.
    Big Sky International, per searches and reviews, has always produced very good shelters (upon setup and inspection the tent is well thought out with the quality of construction and attention to detail on par if not better than any other shelter I’ve used (MLD, TarpTent, ect….) and now, it seems, with the customer service on the right course, there is another option for customizable double wall shelters (fabric choices, ect…), that should be at the top of ones list; or for those who may not necessarily care for a tarp/bivy setup.

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Sounds great. I've been emailing with Bob recently about a Rev 1P also and have had very good experiences. What options did you get? Initial impressions? If you have a scale, how are the weights?

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

2011 i had order a Rev 2P from him on his online store, it was quick take around 2 weeks.

and recently i had join the indiegogo kind of kickstarter project from him.
    the tent suppose to send out in Feb, and then start emailing him regard the situations emailing back and forward about 10 times, last mail 18/3 say that he will be sending it out this week, and i hear nothing and email again on 1/4 and he say will ship out this week again, since then hear nothing from him, till now i still not get my tent………….

that was what i experience.

Some of my friend take 6 months to receive his tent from order via his online store.

Derrick White
    BPL Member

@miku

Locale: Labrador

I am still waiting for the 2P Rev tents to arrive. They were supposed to be in June of 2012. I am not sure why Bob continues to promise tents he can't deliver. He completely undermines confidence in his business.

They do make great tents though! I have an Evolution 2P I – got it used. Love it.

Derrick

Jason Hung
    BPL Member

@moma-moma

Locale: store.picharpak.com

Finally i got my 1p Soul last week!
    he do send extra sack, pegs and peg sack for compensation.

Derrick,
    I emailed him and talk about his delivery time he also agree the unknow delivery time!!
    but now he has update his page that which models are instock so it will shortten the shipping time abit!

Have a look here
    http://bigskyproducts.com/Big-Sky-International-product-availability.aspx

Josh Thomas
    BPL Member

@jtpeso

Locale: Louisville, Ky

I ordered a Revolution 1P earlier this year, and the communication and overall transaction experience was all I could ask for. From clicking "order" to the tent in my hands was about four days. And the tent is amazing to boot! Still sucks to hear about folks not getting theirs, but my personal experience was great.

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Same here, I had a good experience. After multiple emails with Bob Molen I decided on the Rev1P also (though if the mirage 1P was in stock I would have been sorely tempted). I finally ordered and a quick ups shipment later the tent arrived. Its a nice shelter, I like its simplicity. I think it will do well for me. Its kickoff is in two weeks in its first run through the Sierras, so we'll see.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools