Topic

REI Powerflyte Half-Zip Top – Looking for comparison

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REI Powerflyte Half-Zip Top – Looking for comparison

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

Locale: Southeast

I just picked up an REI Powerflyte Half-Zip hoody from the clearance rack. Can anyone compare this with other tops like this? I've never owned an R1 or T2 hoodie, but would love to know if this is comparable.

It weighs ~11.7 oz in medium and it has Polartec Power Dry side panels.

http://www.rei.com/product/835036/rei-powerflyte-half-zip-top-mens

Eric Swab

@ericswab

Locale: Rockies

I think I have the equivalent hoody version, can't compare it to an R1 but it is my favorite all around active layer, use it for winter trail running, snowboarding under jacket, mountain biking, and it will become a shoulder season piece for backpacking. The material seems to have the right balance of wind resistance, heat retention, and moisture transport for me with a thin short sleeve t-shirt under it (cap 1). Too bad they don't make it anymore.

Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

Locale: Southeast

Mine is the hoody too. It fits more like a mid layer than a shell. Which makes me wonder if it actually would work well with my Rab Boreas or if it would just be redundant.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Similar to a R1 or Cap 4 Expedition.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools