Topic

New ULA Ohm pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

There was a recent post that said at the ADZPCTKO ULA introduced a new pack the "Ohm". Does anyone know any thing about it? or seen it. I got the "Amp" when it first was released and really love it. It was said that it was simular in some ways and with an external frame. -THANKS

Colleen Clemens

@tarbubble

Locale: dirtville, CA

yup, i saw and handled the Ohm at the kickoff. my first thought was "beefier Amp." it has two external stays which are probably carbon fiber but i forgot to ask Brian about them when we were talking. of course i've already forgotten the cubic inches, but Brian told me the pack will be up on his site in a week or so.

umm, what else .. it has a more substantial hipbelt with pockets, it uses the same thin cord in place of webbing adjustments fro the shoulder straps, looked like it had the same Variable Compression System as the Amp, plus it was being shown with that same add-on front pocket that can be ordered for the Amp. it looked really good.

Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

One of the first things I thought when I got my Amp was that a slightly larger version (for longer trips) would be great. Do you remember if the shoulder straps were the same design as the rest of the ULA line (sans webbing)? I wonder if the "external frame" is removable too?

Colleen Clemens

@tarbubble

Locale: dirtville, CA

yes, there was no webbing used for the adjustments on teh shoulder straps – only thin cord. i didn't fiddle with them, but it looked as though teh stays should be removeable – only the ends were attached to the pack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools