Topic

Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don’t eat otherwise?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Is there something you eat in the backcountry that you don’t eat otherwise?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

… and Payday Bars. I never have a craving for them when I'm home but I'll destroy a Payday bar in the back 40.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

I do almost entirely fresh cooking at home, so anything pre-packaged dried or instant is different for me. Most candy and junk food I do not like, and so those don't come on the trail either. The stuff I do like I also eat at home; no weird on-trail cravings. I watched Skurka's videos about his Alaska Yukon trip and saw all the neat, precisely measured bags of junk food and…while I'd eat that stuff if I were hungry enough, the thought of deliberately planning an expedition menu around pringles and m&ms makes me vaguely ill.

Lee Oz
    BPL Member

@leeoz

Locale: NY

Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.. I'm not a big fan usually but on a backpacking trip I'll eat whatever I feel is needed.

Also beef jerky, candy/energy bars and hot chocolate packets filled with chemicals and high fructose corn syrup; items I tend to avoid nowadays. It feels good to indulge in 'nasties' couple of times a year.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Never touch 'em at home, but in the woods, with crackers… oh yeah.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools