Topic

liquid feed stand(MO:も)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear liquid feed stand(MO:も)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN

Ssimg_1079

、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、、

This stand can be made on one. own using a plastic sheet and a rubber band. This is an example. Plastic sheet   9g, rubber band   It is 1g. a plastic plate is bent in the form of M — if a few is heated, it will be bent simply. After hooking a rubber band on one of the two and turning it once, it hangs on another side. A fear of separating from a can with the work of this twist disappeared. It could not simplify any more any longer. From the form of two parts to constitute,It's named to" M O (も) "

操作ミスをしたら、スレッドが、一度消えてしまいました。
    コメントしてくれた方へ
    失礼しました。

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle

This is my liquid feed stand it is made from a pressurised paint spray can lid which I have cut down. It weighs 4.9 g

Tony

liquid feed stand and canister
    Liquid feed standd

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Tony,it is nice!

24gc

キャニスター以外での合計重量=24g 私は超軽量のガスストーブを試作中です。それは、液出し(up side down=liquid feed)にも対応出来ます。近いうちにYouTubeに動画を発表する予定です。強度不足などを補うと,28gぐらいになっているかも知れません。キャニスターを捻じ込んでいく具合でガスの出る量を調整する点が、最も革命的な発想の転換です。この理由で、重くて嵩張るバルブを削除出来ました。上の輪で予熱して、下の輪に設けた0.3mm*3箇所ジェット穴からガスが出ます。マルチジェットなのでゴミ詰まり故障も少ないと思います。20mm直径、高さ25mmぐらいです。2mm直径の真鍮パイプで作りました。細い銅線を巻きつけると、炎が途切れにくい改良が出来ます。残念なことは、作り難いこと。ジェットの方向を調整するのがとても困難です。そして弱火はストーブでなくてロウソクと見なしてください。(苦笑)中火から強火では、とても力強くて驚くほどです。但し燃焼音も、大きいです。

Sum total weight other than a canister = I am making 24g of ultralight gas stove as an experiment. It can respond also for Ekidashi (up side down=liquid feed). An animation is to YouTube due to be announced in the near future. If the shortage of intensity etc. is compensated, it may be about 28g. The point of adjusting the quantity to which gas comes out of a canister in the condition which goes by screwed is conversion of the most revolutionary way of thinking. The valve which is heavy and is bulky for this reason has been deleted. It preheats with the upper ring and gas comes out from the 0.3mm * three place jet hole established in the lower ring. Since it is a multi-jet, I also regard garbage failure as few. It is 25mm only in a 20mm diameter and height. It made from the brass pipe of a 2mm diameter. If thin copper wire is twisted, improvement in which a flame cannot break off easily can be performed. Be hard to make a regrettable thing. It is very difficult to adjust the direction of a jet. And low heat is not a stove and please regard it as a candle. I was surprised to high heat from a medium fire for it to be very forcible. However, combustion sound is also loud.

http://homepage1.nifty.com/jsb/

s k

@skots

Tony

Nice stand, Tony. Can you show or explain the valve and fuel line? Thanks

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Brilliant!
    Less is truly more.

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Hi Yukiosan,

Thankyou for sharing your brilliant work. Your 24g stove rivals the cat can stoves for weight.

I am also making a new very light stove I will post the pictures soon, it will not be as light as yours though.

Tony

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Hi Skots,

Here are some pictures of the fuel line and valve. The fuel line is something that I removed from a piece of scientific equipment that was being dismantled, it is Stainless Steel tubing and is 1/16” OD and 0.020” ID I fold it to pack it up and I have been using it for about two years. It is available from Chromatography suppliers. The tubing in the photo with fittings weighs 5.4g

The valve is one that I made from Aluminium for the body and Titanium for the valve, it is part of my (hobby) stove Research and development program that I am currently undertaking. The handle is from a MSR Pocket Rocket. The valve weighs a heavy 11.5g.

Tony

Fuel Line and Valve 1

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Tony

> The valve is one that I made from Aluminium for the body and Titanium for the valve…. The valve weighs a heavy 11.5g

What worries me about using Al for the connector thread is what sort of life it is likely to have on the steel thread on the canister. I've not gone to Al (alloy) yet for that reason, staying with much heavier brass, albeit fairly thin-walled.

Any comment on the Al wear rate? And what sort of alloy are you using?
    Have you tried an aluminium needle?

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Nec_0045 私は考えました。110g缶を使うならば、キャニスターの保護キャップを台座(stand)に再使用できるはず。これぞ、リサイクル工作の楽しさです。せっかく世界一軽いガスストーブを作るのですからリサイクルにもなり、格安な感覚も鋭く追及していく。(笑)

I thought. If a 110g canister is used, The protection cap of a canister It should be able to be re-used for a stand. This, It is the pleasure of recycling maneuvers. Since the lightest, gas stove with much trouble in the world is made It is also recycled and cheap feeling is also investigated keenly. (Smile)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Yukio

Amazing!
    What material did you use for the screw connection onto the canister? It looks like Lexan? How well does the thread last?

Cheers
    Roger

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Hi Roger,

I do not think the aluminium canister connector thread longevity is an issue, my Pocket Rocket stove connector/valve is made from aluminium and I have removed and replaced it hundreds of times with no sign of wear. The only problem with the Pocket Rocket is the brass needle has worn from the hundreds of tests and does not give consistent flow rates in the middle range I hope this does not happen with the Ti needles that I now use.

I have not sure what grade of aluminium that I am using for the valve body it came from a scrap bin at work, I think it is precision rolled plate aluminium and in machines like it is a very good grade.

I have not tried an aluminium needle although I have looked at it. I am a bit worried about the wear of the needle, I have thought about an aluminium thread and seal part and a Ti needle. The biggest advantage of using Aluminium for the body over brass is weight gain, the gain from making the needle valve from aluminium over using Ti is very small.

Tony

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Hi Yukiosan,

I have to agree with Roger your work is amazing!. Have you field tested your stove.

Tony

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Resin3 キャニスターとの接続部を

注意深く観察するとストーブ側に調整バルブが無くても、缶本体のネジで代用できることが判ります。この流用出来る理由はこれ自体の回転で、送出量を調整に利用できるからです。いままで真鍮製で29gでしたが、空の缶のネジ部分使ってレジンを直接流し込んで、型取りして自作しました。六角棒で作った中心のピンと2.5Φの接続パイプなどは後から穴加工して付け足しました。通気穴は1mmΦで開けました。内径8mmのオウリングが収まる、奥の溝部分はレジンがまだ少し柔らかい時に削り広げました。この加工によりオウリングは抜け出なくなりました。その時期は、流し込んでから20時間後ぐらいです。組み立て後の金属部分を含めての全重量で、およそ6gです。29g → 6g  これはとても嬉しい、超軽量化です。使ったレジン材料は、DIY shopで購入しました。主剤50gと溶剤25gが入っています。@¥997でした。

http://www.nissin-resin.co.jp/

http://www.nissin-resin.co.jp/crystalresin.htm

これはエキポシ樹脂です。商品名はCrystal Resin。2液体を正確な比率100:50で混合する。30分後ぐらいから、硬くなり始めます。24時間後には型枠から外せます。はじめての体験で作業に慣れないので手こずりましたが、基本的なことは比率を正確に行うだけです。流し込んだ後に、少し発熱するので注意して下さい。

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Hi Tony

> Pocket Rocket stove connector/valve is made from aluminium and I have removed and replaced it hundreds of times with no sign of wear

Interesting! I can see some aluminium powder in the grease on the threads inside the valve housing, so I was worried a bit about the canister thread. Hum – I guess the rolled thread on the canister is pretty smooth.

> I am a bit worried about the wear of the needle, I have thought about an aluminium thread and seal part and a Ti needle.

Well, if the thread onto the canister survives, then the thread on the valve might survive a while too. As for the tip of the needle – I simply would not worry! It will polish down a bit as it fits into the orifice, but I doubt it would wear away in a damaging manner. I see little rub marks on the brass needle under magnification – but again they are more like polish marks.

One thing is for sure: both (good) brass and aluminium alloy are easier to machine than titanium! I have to go quite slow and use either Co steel bits or sharpened carbide for the Ti.

My stove experiments have been going very well, but I regret that I will have to shelve them for now. Time to start packing for France. Ah well, priorities!

Cheers
    Roger

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Hi Roger,

"Well, if the thread onto the canister survives, then the thread on the valve might survive a while too"

I might try to make the needle out of Aluminium for my next stove you will be in France by the time I will have it finished.

"Time to start packing for France. Ah well, priorities!"

I hope the trip goes well

Tony

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH2MM28-M-4

私には、コネクターを作ることは難しい。私は満足できないが、燃焼実験は成功しました。耐久性を高めるには、内側を真鍮製で作り、外側を他の軽い材質で作る。ハイブリットな手法が適切でしょう

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

What a brilliant stove! You are an inspiration for MYOG 'ers.

s k

@skots

Yukio,

Thanks for posting the video. The stove is a wonder!
    Am I correct in my understanding of your 5/08 edit above that the fuel flow is adjustable, through the depth of the thread?

Yukio Yamakawa

@jsbjsb

Thank you for seeing video!, of course, the screw lump depth changes by rotating a connector. As the result, the valve travel of the valve of a canister changes and the amount of outflows can be changed. The function with which canister itself is equipped has been utilized in the maximum.

ビデオを見てくれて、ありがとう。もちろん、コネクターを回転させることで、ネジ込み深さが変化します。その結果として、キャニスターのバルブの開度が変化して、流出量を変えられる訳です。キャニスターそれ自身に備わっている機能を、最大限に活かしきっています。

s k

@skots

I feel like a witness to the discovery of fire!

Is there a sign-up sheet or a prepurchase list?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools