Topic

houdini fit – mens vs. womens

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) houdini fit – mens vs. womens

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Does anybody know if the patagonia houdini women's version has a different cut than the mens? I really want it in blue, but can't find it in my size at the price I want. I was thinking of trying a womens large (rather than a mens medium), which I can find but I was concerned it might be more fitted or slimmer than the mens version.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

I'd imagine it is more fitted, with a different contour in the torso. I've bought and modified numerous pieces of Pata womens clothing for my own use (bring on the jokes Ide), and you need an XL to get a sleeve length equivalent to mens medium.

Nick Truax
    BPL Member

@nicktruax

Locale: SW Montana

Dave has it pretty much spot on. The women's has a more contoured fit while the men's has a boxier cut. They are also not directly scaled in terms to size. You may be able to make women's work but it will most likely be oddly proportioned.

Nancy Twilley

@goodcaver2

Locale: STL

Yep, it's more contoured for sure, and not as wide in the shoulders. If you're trim, you'll be able to fit into a large but it will flare out at the hips. Lengths are similar, I'd say.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Just the info I needed – thanks. Doesn't sound like I'll be able to fit in it well. I may have to just settle for black.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Jeff:

I've had my Houdini for a few years now, and it's still in excellent shape. This is one of my favorite pieces of gear. If color is important to you, I would say spend the money — knowing it will serve you well for years (barring user mishaps, of course).

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I wear Women's Large rain pants and they actually fit better- all the biking I do has given me some big thighs…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools