Topic

REI stoke 29 — $38

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI stoke 29 — $38

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

The stoke 29 is the daily deal today, and you can couple it with 20% off if you are an REI member. This brings it to around $38. This is the followup to the Flash 30…one of my favorite backpacks which I was able to trim down to 15oz. This looks like be a great all around reiteration.

http://www.rei.com/outlet/deal-of-the-day

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Konrad – have you ever used the Stoke 29 ?
    I have had my eye on it (on the web) but have never touched or tried one on.
    Can you tell me anything about it ?

Great Deal …

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Art,
    I've only had experiences with the it's ancestor, the flash 30, which I love. It's perfect for 3-season weekends, and loads up to 15lbs in general. Sectionhiker.com has a review of the stoke 29, and it seems like they have only improved upon the flash 30's design. The only thing I don't like about the stoke 29 is that really beefy padding on the backpanel that looks like it would be impossible to remove.

I found the flash 30 to be a lil short in torso length though, and I'm unsure if this carried over to the stoke 29. I'm typically a medium, but would have gone for a large in the flash 30 if I could do it again (I only have an 18.5" torso). I'm pretty sure you can trim the weight of the stoke 29 down, especially if you are into MYOG and convert the lid to a roll top.

Jared Baker
    BPL Member

@simply_light

Locale: Midwest, US

Had $20 in REI credit, so I couldn't pass this up. I too love the Flash 30 and hope the Stoke 29 is as good if not better.

The one thing I like on my packs is an external pocket for water bottles, which was the only thing I missed in the Flash 30.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools