Topic

Where to buy driducks these days?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Where to buy driducks these days?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Josiah
    Spectator

@eternalnoob

I'm looking to buy a some of ultralite driducks. Where is the best place to look these days? Ebay looks like about $26 is that the cheapest I'll find them?

G Sticks
    Spectator

@voiceofsticks

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I'm no expert but from what I've read on here FroggToggs owns DriDucks now, or vice versa. Anyway if you search on Amazon for "froggtoggs" about 6 choices down "bi-laminate rain suit" is listed. That appears to be the right thing.

I just bought my own set today and the price was comparable to what you saw on eBay. Depending on the color and the vendor I think you may be able to do a bit better. I have Amazon Prime though so I don't look at shipping on a lot of things.

G Sticks
    Spectator

@voiceofsticks

I bought Khaki in Medium and paid $23.48 including shipping from Ramsey Outdoor (on Amazon)

Romel
    Spectator

@roaming_romel

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I bought my rain suit last week for $19.99, free shipping and no tax.

http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/DriDucks.shtm

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

++ http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/DriDucks.shtm

This is the distributor, free shipping, fast shipping, $19.99, all sizes and colors.

Brandon Guy
    BPL Member

@brucky

Locale: Central Cal

I got mine at big 5 if you have one nearby. Also my Walmart carries frogg togg brand rain suits heavier and tougher looking than normal DRI ducks.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

I got a suit off eBay couple months ago for $4.99! no one else bid.. stoked

G Sticks
    Spectator

@voiceofsticks

yeahhhh…i canceled my Amazon order and I'm buying from froggtoggsraingear.com instead. THANKS

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

I hear they run "large", so do people get one size down or should I stick with my specific height/weight from their sizing chart?

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

For the ultralight 2 definitely size down. I wear a medium everything. The size small driducks fits me with plenty of room for layering.

Driducks are awesome. With all the talk lately about $200 and $300 7 oz rainjackets, it almost seems like a great secret that these gems breathe as well, last as long, weigh less, and cost less than $20. I just relegated my 3 year old one to my Alaska gear box and bought a new one.

The pant are crap but can be used to make a functional rain skirt.

Kevin Schneringer
    BPL Member

@slammer

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands

I agree with Ike size down and cut of the pants for Manpri's or make a kilt. Best $19.95 I spent this summer
    I learned this on an earlier post and found it true- use Tyvek tape(if you have) works better than duck tape. Duck tape isn't to shabby though.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

amazon has, as mentioned above, the "Ultra – light 2 Suit", but I don't see anything along those lines at the froggtogg site, which shows a bunch of different "products" part of which is their "driducks" product.

Are these the same? is the "Ultra – light 2" an older model?

Also, anyone try their new waterproof hats?

thanks!

Derek Kind
    BPL Member

@berethorn

I wondered the same, until I saw this rather small text above the first photo on the DriDucks page:

"Frogg Toggs DriDucks Ultra-Lite 2â„¢ Rain Gear"

So I assume these are the ones, yes. :)

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

doh! first rule, always click through…

Derek Kind
    BPL Member

@berethorn

Even so, I went over that page a couple times before I saw that.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

true, they don't make it the most obvious.

now, weather to try out their waterproof hat…(pun intended)

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Sizing question for the $19.99 suits:

I'm 5'10" and weigh about 180. I do fine in a Medium with most jackets and pants (or 34" waist). Do I follow the size chart and go Large, downsize to Medium, or all the way to Small?

Also any thoughts on sizing for my son? He's 5'1" and 90 pounds. Would Small be way too big? They're sold out of the kids suit.

Thanks,

Robin B
    BPL Member

@beckcommar

Locale: NorCal

As everyone will tell you, they run very very big. I'd ignore the sizing chart. I wear a size large in most everything and I bought a large set of driducks. They are huge on me. I don't really mind, but I do look pretty hilarious in them. I just bought a size small set for my girlfriend and I can easily fit into it, but I wouldn't be able to layer much. So my guess is that the small will fit you and the medium will give plenty of room for lots of layers underneath. Your son will likely find even the small to be extremely baggy.

james
    BPL Member

@jamesbhikes

Locale: London UK, Greenville USA

Can't really help with your sizing question unfortunately, but have a look here as they are selling some sizes of driducks for $12.22

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools