Topic

a nice puppy dog photo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery a nice puppy dog photo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Coyote in Death Valley sand dunes

This coyote was in the sand dunes of Death Valley, and it appeared to watch me just as much as I was watching it.

–B.G.–

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies

That's a great shot. Love the colors and how it appears so comfortable in its element.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

The coyote was standing about 45 yards out. I snapped a couple of photos, then took two steps forward. The coyote started to walk away, so I stopped. Then it stopped and layed down.

The temperature was about 90 F, so the animal's tongue was hanging out and it was panting.

In reality, I was there to photograph some bighorn sheep, but all I found were the sheep pellets.

–B.G.–

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

That's poster material, Bob!

Thank you for sharing that moment with us.

Doug Smith
    BPL Member

@jedi5150

Locale: Central CA

I love the photo Bob! Any chance you have a larger resolution version of it?

I love coyotes. I know lots of people view them as a nuasance, and pest, but I think they are gorgeous animals. Probably because they remind me so much of my Malinois. As a matter of fact, when my female Mal was a year old, we had a female coyote her same age living in our neighborhood. Several times I let them play together (you've never seen two faster dogs in your life…hahaha). It got very comfortable, and would come and lay down in the parkng lot of our local baseball field about 10 feet from where I stood. When I called my Mal back, the coyote would follow and hang out for a while…of course this was after they'd played together several times.

Unfortunately a guy on our street was leaving food out for it, and she became too friendly with humans, so Animal Control came out and euthenized her.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

That coyote is the "cover animal" on my annual wildlife calendar for 2014. I've asked for feedback from the subscribers, and the majority like that one as the best photo so far.

–B.G.–

Doug Smith
    BPL Member

@jedi5150

Nice! Do you have a link to the calendar, or where to get it? Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the site rules of BPL, because I'd love to see it.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Doug, it is difficult to say. However, if you follow to my profile, then follow to my web site, it shows you my blog of text. Within the banner, there is a link to my online photo gallery. Once at the gallery, you will see one grouping of Sierra Nevada, East Side, more animals. Once there, you might see a similar-looking coyote, but who is to say?

I don't believe that there are any calendars that have not been distributed. Sorry.

–B.G.–

Doug Smith
    BPL Member

@jedi5150

Ah, thanks for the head's up Bob, I'll check it out. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools