Topic

Patagonia Nano Puff / R3 / Nano Puff Hybrid – North River Outfitter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Patagonia Nano Puff / R3 / Nano Puff Hybrid – North River Outfitter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jared Baker
    BPL Member

@simply_light

Locale: Midwest, US

North River Outfitter:

http://www.northriveroutfitter.com

Looks like they are currently running some clearance specials on Patagonia items.

Code: Bunny or Matchbook are currently giving 20% off and there is free shipping over $50.

Some highlights:

Men's Nano Puff – $80
    Men's Nano Puff Hybrid – $56
    Men's R3 Hi-Loft – $48

As usual size and colors are limited, but they had other Patagonia items on sale as well.

Hope someone benefits.

oliver hulland
    Spectator

@oli_h

That's a screaming deal on the Nano Puff Hybrid. I've been intrigued for a while, and decided to bite the bullet if only to wear around the house. I'm a fan of orange, though, so I might be in the minority here.

Jared Baker
    BPL Member

@simply_light

Locale: Midwest, US

I went with the hybrid as well. Not a huge fan of the color combo, but for the price, I figured I would give it a try.

oliver hulland
    Spectator

@oli_h

And they're gone.

David H
    Spectator

@amarony

Locale: South Dakota

Well time to scratch these bozos off the list of retailers I'll order from. I got in an order right away the day this sale went on and got this today:

Greetings from NRO,

Thank you for your recent order! Due to the unusually high order volume last Thursday/Friday our inventory system was overwhelmed and unable to maintain an accurate count, and the item you selected has sold out. We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this caused. Please note your credit card has not been charged, and your order has been cancelled.

Best,
    NRO

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

…if they sell out of the item before they can process your order they really can't do much else for you.

Here's exactly what they did:

They gave you a full refund, a professionally written apology and notified of this in a reasonably quick time span (remember, this happened over the weekend and they likely didn't have staff around to pack/process orders).

It stinks that you got an order in and it didn't go through but I honestly don't see what they did wrong here.

Amazon, the biggest online store in the world, did the same thing to me last week. I bought a keyboard for my computer and it initially told me I would receive it in 2-3 days. The next day I found out that it was back ordered and it would be 2 weeks…point being, if Amazon can't get it right it's going to be a miracle for anybody else to.

I really am sorry that this didn't work out for you but I just don't think it warrants a boycott…just my opinion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools