Topic

TT Moment DW vs. Light Heart Solo Wedge

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TT Moment DW vs. Light Heart Solo Wedge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James Walton
    BPL Member

@backcountryasm

Locale: south

I am currently in need of a new tent as my Fly creek UL is sent of to Big Agnes for repairs (I was on a short overnight with my son and we took off from camp for an excursion and a critter had invaded the tent and ripped three holes in the tent and one in the fly–what was extremely odd was that all food and smelly things was hung up in a loksak bear bag so nothing in the tent but our bags and sleeping gear). I had my mind set on the MOMENT DW until I started looking at the light heart with the Solo Wedge (the front fly as an awning looks really cool!) Anyhow, I am interested to find out real world experiences on both of the tents and more specifically how much room is in the vestibule of both tents, How much room there is to sit up in and floor space capacity for a 25" Xlite and how they breathe/condensation etc….. Thanks in advance.

Jan S

@karl-ton

Okay, so I have spend a grand total of about 30 minutes in my Moment (it arrived today). I tried it with a NeoAir XTherm (183 cm long) and it was surprisingly roomy. I could almost sit upright which is actually pretty rare for me. I'm 186 cm but seem to have a long upper body. I liked most the design of the head and foot ends because it does a very good job of keeping the inner wall away from me. As far as I can tell by now the vestibules are large enough and I think if I needed more space I could happily use the inner in the smaller configuration and still have enough room. If your shoulders are very wide you might get a problem. But I almost never lie on my back, so I didn't really care if it was wide enough lying on my back.

Given the paper dimension I was actually surprised how large the useable space is and the liveability (is that a word?) seemed pretty good. Much better then my Akto. I plan to use it this weekend, so I can probably say more on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Either vestibule can be adjusted for size, one side is bigger than the otherMoment DW vestibule
    Note that the floor remains drip free when the door is open

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools