Topic

montbell exlight sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) montbell exlight sizing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin M. Clark
    BPL Member

@martin_m_clark

Locale: Southeast US

So for almost all clothing I own I use a medium.

I recently purchased a montbell exlight down jacket and a montbell tachyon wind shirt.

The windshirt fits fine. I am a little concerned about the down jacket. THe sleeves and overall fit is perfect EXCEPT for the length. It is a little bit shorter than I'd like. Any other tall guys have this problem? for reference I"m 6'1 and 180

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I'm 6' and 180 I use an Exlight in Large, my other MB garment is the Alpinelight Parka- it's Large as well, thinking about almost all of my upper body garments (Patagonia, Ibex OR, etc) are Large- maybe you need a large :)

Patrick O’Neil
    Spectator

@human

I have an exlight and a tchyon as well. Im 6'1.5" and weigh 182 right now. I can drop to 165 in the summer. I usually get large jackets all the time never a medium. That said even the large exlight barely covers my belt in the front. I believe the cut in the front may be short on purpose. Im surprised a medium is ok in arm lenght for you. On the other hand shirts and pants are always a nightmare for me edit: some mediums are to small and some larges are big so I'm constantly sending stuff back for new items. Even with different lines from the same brand. Sorry for bad spelling typing with phone . . . If you can do an exchange without paying a fortune for shippjng i would give it a try

Patrick O’Neil
    Spectator

@human

Forgot to mention that the large tachyon is a bit baggy but thats fine if ever i do want to wear it over a fleece or even the exlight so maybe the medium would be fine without bulky clothes on. The tachyon is defenitely longer than the exlight it goes to about half but length.

Hiking Malto
    BPL Member

@gg-man

On my thru hike I was 6'1 175-185 and large was perfect.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

5' 11" and 160 pounds.
    Med fits, not snug, but not loose at all.
    Glad I went with a medium though.
    For a more insulated jacket (or if I wanted more layers under), I would have went for a Large.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

It really depends . Do you have 38" chest or a 44" chest? Do you want to wear over fleece,and LS baselayer, or not?

Im 5-10, 155lb, 6% bodyfat, 31" waist, 42" chest , and I wear a L EX-light, fits snugly over 100wt fleece. About perfect for me.

My L nanopuff which was bought when I weighed about 195, is HUGE now. I need to get a thermawrap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools