Topic

Mountainsmith Haze 50

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
PostedMar 28, 2013 at 8:46 am

Oh God…another 2 lb small volume frameless pack.

What the hell is happening to the lightweight movement?

J-L BPL Member
PostedMar 28, 2013 at 9:40 am

If the main compartment volume is 50L, I don't think I'd call that "small".

I guess I am thinking that if the hipbelt works well and the pad sleeve works well, then it should carry better than most other frameless packs. You may also be able to laminate some metal stays to some foam and put that in the pad pocket.

PostedAug 30, 2013 at 12:58 am

Well, I just bought one, so I'll do some testing on it in the next month or so and give you my feedback. I'm pretty optimistic that it will be a pretty good pack for its intended use. My purpose is to use it for sub-20 pound weekends. We'll see.

Chris C BPL Member
PostedAug 30, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I have this pack and while it is 2 pounds the hip belt works incredibly well for me. Capacity is as good as my medium sized ULA catalyst and the construction is very good. It is a good pack for 125 bucks and it should last most users for years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Loading...