Topic

winter hiking near las vegas

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking winter hiking near las vegas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jerome Ayalon

@jeromeayalon

Hi,

my wife and I would like to spend last week of the year in las vegas, spend maybe 2-3 days in the city itself, the rest go hiking. Where can we find reliable information about places to go near LV? we'd like to steer away from the cold and snow, we have enough of that at home, thank you!
    canyon/desert hiking is what we are looking for, but I am a bit worried about desert biting cold nights

Colleen Clemens

@tarbubble

Locale: dirtville, CA

i have a book called "afoot & afield in Las Vegas & southern Nevada" that i have used to help plan trips in the Vegas area (i live about 5 hours south of LV and get up there occasionally).

yes, the nights can get very cold in the high desert, but the lower your elevation the warmer the nights will be. still, be prepared for potentially freezing weather. freak snow flurries have happened in the high deserts, but you'll never get "snowed in."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools