Topic

Wind Pant Fabrics: Montbell Dynamo vs. Montane Featherlite

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Wind Pant Fabrics: Montbell Dynamo vs. Montane Featherlite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    A W

@lost_01

Searched, didn't find anything definitive – just good reviews for both:

The Dynamo: 12-denier rip-stop Ballistic Airlight nylon (2.6 oz)
    The Featherlite: PERTEX microlight – mini-rip-stop (4.3 oz)

1) Which pant material will be louder ?

2) Which pant material is more breathable?

Any input is greatly appreciated! I wouldn't mind the added weight of the featherlite as they have more features, but breathability & noise are biggest issues.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I have not seen the Montbell piece but have the Montane one and its very quiet.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

AW,

The Featherlite is 4.8x more breathable than the Dynamo. I cannot hear either material when worn, but I have poor high frequency hearing.

A W

@lost_01

Got it – thanks for the info!

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Just got my featherlite pants in the mail over the weekend. I can't comment on the breathability, but I wore them walking the dog this morning and couldn't really hear much of anything. The nylon is very soft…and while there is a swishy sound it's not at all bothersome like some more plasticky nylons.

You can also cinch up the ankles which helps keep all that excess fabric from rubbing together at your ankles. Very nice feature.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools