Topic

Looking for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP Watch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP Watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Watchmaker, Watchmaker
    Find me a find,
    Catch me a catch…

I am looking for a watch to use when traveling — with the following features:

1. alarm – the louder the better
    2. countdown – with a beep at the end (zero)

My current piece is an el cheapo Casio with alarm and stopwatch ($19.99). I don't really need a stopwatch, but want something with the countdown feature.

Can anyone find me a watch on the cheap?

David Lewis
    BPL Member

@davidlewis

Locale: Nova Scotia, Canada

You might go to a running store and take a look. A lot of running watches have countdown features. Nike probably sells some cheap-ish ones. Not $20 cheap… but cheap enough.

Justin Ling

@ling_jd

Locale: columbus ohio

My girlfriend picked up a cheap-o Columbia watch with a count-down-to-a-beep timer. It cost about $20 from either Target of Wal-Mart. I use the timer every morning for French press coffee.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Thanks for the quick feeback. I found a $14.99 Timex at Campor (Item No. 87153) that seems to fit the bill:

Anyone own one?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I had a timex almost exactly like that. Used the 5 minute countdown timer for sailboat races. I wore it for 7 years, gave up on it ever breaking, and finally bought another one because I was tired of looking at it.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Ben, I assume you're planning on using the countdown feature to time rehydrating meals?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Jason:

Actually, no.

When traveling — and waiting to get on or off trains, planes and buses, I like to set the countdown alarm — then snooze away knowing that I won't oversleep! I can do the same by setting the time alarm, but that's a bit more awkward to do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools